Monday, January 30, 2012
Dave Winer - Ch. 2
I often become overwhelmed when I think about where the world would be if the internet and other pieces of technology had never been created. To think of how much we depend on these things in our daily life is enough to think about. I think about the days in the future where I will be telling kids what the computer once looked like and what we used to do in school and to tell them about how much technology we didn't have back in the day. My understanding of Dave Winer, was that he took a risk and was confident that his 'web' would one day be the way of people all over the world. While he went about 'e-mail' in a different way, and communicated to his friends/co-workers through his webpage, the concept hasn't changed too much. It has, however, developed for the less 'tech-savvy' people...aka, myself and the majority of the world. We use and depend on communication through the computer because the world has forced us to. Winer was correct in his thinking of the development of the web, he was just incorrect in how it was really going to come about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment