Upon reading the very long and drawn out chapter 5, I remembered why I don't like politics. However, this isn't about my political opinions, I shall save that for my blog. Hahahaha
Seriously though, my thoughts while reading this chapter mostly made me think of what I was doing as all these events occurred. Especially 9/11. I compared many things from my personal life with the bloggers and how the form of media came to be. I remember reading and reading about the "warblogs" both on and offline. I found it very interesting how blogging was used by Marshall as it's own form of investigative journalism. Even though it was not easy for him, he was able to carve a new path and create this new form of media. Today we readily recognize bloggers as professionals (not all bloggers are) and many of us participate in them in some form, even if it is just for assignment for classes.
From this book so far, I have learned how blogging has developed from nothing to the various avenues it is used for today. I have also seen how many of the pioneers connect to one another (whether they recognize it or not) and how important what each of these different people are in their contributions to blogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment