Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Chapter 3 - Liz

ok, so this was a weird chapter about the early webloggers.  Barger, to me, seems like a nut ball.  I can understand why he was upset over not getting the notoriety for coining the phrase "webLog" but there were people that came before him that were doing the same thing.  Justin Hall was just one example.  I was surprised to read that he lived this frugal life and I didn't understand why.  Why didn't he just get a real job somewhere along the way?  Living on the couch of a friend, not because he couldn't find work, but because I guess he didn't want to work?

I thought it was kind of interesting to learn more about how the Drudge Report came to be.  I never really knew much about him, or his background of working in Hollywood dishing out the scoop on various celebrities.  I only know of his work in more recent years. So I found that interesting.  Overall, the chapter was probably longer than was necessary to discuss early bloggers. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Liz about Barger. Strange individuals seem to be a running theme with this book haha! This chapter was hard to read though, and I didn't really have any major opinions on the people, or the topics going on so I figured I'd just comment on yours since my thoughts were similar:)

    ReplyDelete