So politics and blogging... let's start this off right: "Politicians (and bloggers, for all I care) are a lot like diapers. They need to be changed out frequently and for the same reason." I jest, I jest... (not really)
I really hoped I wouldn't have to do another negative blog post, but if there's one thing that really pisses me off, I'd immediately offer up politics as my number one. Understand, I don't hate blogging; I just don't care for it. It doesn't directly impact me (thanks to my non-celebrity status and my general lack of interest in celebrated mainstream nonsense), so its existence is of no great consequence to me. Politics, however, I despise. A small group of uber-rich, elitists that are uninvested in the commonwealth of the country at large and much rather only interest in preserving their own status, wealth and power who simply perpetuate each other into perceived "vote for this or that and those choices only" situations. And even then the idea of our "electoral college" only furthers the ideal of the "good old boys club" (bring point A to point B for you: your vote DOES NOT MATTER; the "electoral college" just chooses for the populous segment to which you belong).
So, now that I'm all warmed up, let's actually cover the chapter. I'm going to go ahead and initially sidestep my qualm with both of the aforementioned and actually address the subtopic in this chapter: journalism. Journalism can be good and bad, both in terms of information (the hard side) and persuasion (the soft side). Journalism was a written and exclusively printed form of media... until the eAge. We are all aware by now, especially after reading the first four chapter of this book, that blogging has created an unprecedented communications and media outlet that has been forcing many traditional tradesmen, like graphic artists, journalists, news printers, and even in-community merchants, to adapt & assimilate or close-up shop due to the inability to compete with the technological advantages of doing business in the eWorld. While blogging may very well end what we consider to be the "traditional journalist", it has still given them the ability to convey what their parent mass media outlets wouldn't let them. And since the largest stake in information (or "power", if you distill it) control is the government, you can see why things like SOPA, PIPA, and the Patriot Act (in particular, the subtext and bylaws that are hidden therein) have become "an imperative of the utmost importance".
So blogging may indeed be for the best? Maybe it will actually unravel our heavily-skewed and corrupted government? Maybe it will effectively streamline every aspect of our life? Maybe it will turn all interactions in the world into faceless, perfect binary crap? Maybe this whole thing will implode on itself before it blows up and bursts like the dot com bubble did? We all know how that ended... oh wait, we're still balls deep in a massive economic shit shamble!
Or maybe we need to let this happen? Maybe we've let this country... this world develop so terribly wrong and we need this "global technology" to undo all the crap that we've gotten ourselves into? Maybe we need to let our crystal palace completely shatter before we can rebuild things? Maybe we need to destroy ourselves completely before we can be born anew?
However, I am a man of levity, therefore I'll leave you all with this to chew on:
If
ifs & buts
were
candies & nuts,
we'd all
have a merry christmas.
Shalom, peeps!
Clarification: I don't hate the concept of blogging, I hate having to blog. roflolmfaoblahblahblahabruhahaandimspent!
ReplyDelete