Monday, March 19, 2012

Blogging: A Good Substitute for Productivity?!??!

Well, they hit the nail on the head for a very brief moment there. "The Web industry bust and accompanying general economic downturn had left many people with a lot of time on their hands. It cost nothing to start your own blog." (p. 124)
We can't get this country back on track economically because too many people bought into e-land (,the interwebs, whatever you want to call it), the crystals palace cracked, and the spoiled populace got complacent about real work in the real world. "What to do, what to do... I know, let's fall back on our old crutch and Blog our lives away!"
Don't get me wrong; I love computers. The are wonderful, efficient instruments that have advanced us so much in a very little time. Heck, I'm a new media major with a concentration in graphic design, so I more than understand the necessity. But all worlds/environments needs balance to survive. And Blogger, Twitter (the namesakes of this chapter), and the like aren't helping. It's like slapping a acid band-aid on a gaping wound.
I refuse to get into the politics that would be necessary to change this stupefying trend and fix the economy and America at large. All I will says is that it will take more than what our government is willing to ever do.
As far as what we can do goes, it's simple. Unplug from e-land and plug back into the real world, or at least get a better balance between the two. The current state of things sucks and everyone's afraid to come out and fix it. If you really wanted to be a pioneer, like these guys we keep reading about, be the first to unplug and fix things.
-rant end-

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, this was for chapter 4, in case I was too vague. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete