Monday, February 6, 2012

I can actually relate to something in this book... FINALLY!

While this chapter focused mainly on the weblog origins (which I think would've made a far better chapter 1, but meh...), I found myself actually relating to one part in particular: You can't actually say who the first blogger was. Sure, Jorn Barger coined the term 'weblog' (the cruxes of this chapter), but blogging itself is nothing more than a means of conveyance of something thru utilization of medium. Here, we happen to use typed text via an online database to publish our responses to class readings. Tens of thousands of years ago, cavemen used scratchings and pigments upon cave walls to record stories of hunts. Both are blogs. And thankfully the chapter makes sure to point this out up front to clear up the point before settling into the development of the 'weblog'.

No comments:

Post a Comment