Sunday, April 29, 2012

Chapter 4 - Late

I think it's very interesting how the chapter introduces itself, how Peter Merholz, with his left hand column, introduces the word "blog" to the community, and how the project Blogger made the name stick.

It's also very interesting how the book describes the blogger website development:
      "Blogger was neither the first such tool nor the most sophisticated nor, at the time, the easiest to use. But it was the one that ultimately transformed blogging from an arcane pastime for Web insiders into a mass-market, anyone-can-play phenomenon. In the technology industry this sort of success is sometimes described as “deploying to scale” or “scaling up” or simply “scaling.” It took years to happen for Blogger. But the scale that Blogger ultimately reached, via a boom-and-bust-and-boom-again saga that mirrored the convulsions of the entire Web industry, was millions of users—an outcome that at its conception looked improbable if not downright impossible, even to its creators."







I find this very interesting due to the fact that I was able to watch the internet become more available and more popular.  One of these websites that I have watched with my very own eyes is the Blogger website.

No comments:

Post a Comment